About this course
This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a forklift truck safely in accordance with all relevant legislative requirements.
Successful completion of this course results in a Nationally Recognised High Risk Work Licence (HRWL). This course is designed to develop and confirm the skills and knowledge required to operate a forklift truck safely and effectively.
On successful completion of this course you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following Unit of Competency:
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck (LF)
The course commences when you book and the time taken to achieve your licence will depend on your progress through the course. This course will take 2 days, this includes the following:
- Day 1 – 8 hour day for training
- Day 2 – 8 hour day, 4 hours for training and 4 hours for the final SafeWork Assessment
What is involved in getting a forklift HRW licence?
- Book your course
- Complete pre-course training materials, which will be emailed to you upon booking
- Attend your training days/nights (as per your booking)
- Attend and pass the SafeWork Assessment
- Once you have passed your SafeWork NSW assessment then you will be issued with a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment, this document allows you to operate a forklift immediately
- You will need to attend to an Australia Post Office within 60 days to apply for your photo licence (fees apply at the post office)
- You will receive your HRW photo licence in the mail directly from SafeWork NSW
Re assessment, complaints and appeals
Our trainers have the experience, abilities and training to effectively assist you in your course by providing well designed training and assessment. During your training you will receive feedback about your performance including suggestions where required. Should your trainer feel that after training you still require further training (due to results of the assessments in your course) or you need to be reassessed (there is one assessment completed during training and before your SafeWork NSW test) you will be informed of your options. If you fail your licence assessment, reassessment fees and minimum waiting times also apply to reassessment.
Who can do this course?
- SafeWork NSW requires that you are 18 years of age
What do I need to bring?
- Have 100 Points of ID – Click here to read the identification requirements
- Your completed forklift quiz
- Appropriate work gear (PPE)
After successful completion of this course and attending an Australia Post location you will receive your HRW photo licence in the mail directly from SafeWork NSW. A Verification of Competency (VOC) can also be issued at an extra fee