What is a VOC?
A Verification of Competency (VOC) is an assessment of a persons knowledge and skills. The process assists employers with meeting their Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) obligations to deem staff competent to perform a task or operate plant and/or equipment.
VOC’s are undertaken on persons who already hold a current ticket, licence or unit of competency, to verify that they are still competent to that standard. Persons undertaking a VOC must provide evidence of their existing competency. The outcome of the VOC process is a Certficate which references the activities or tasks verified, and/or the plant and equipment verified on.
What machines can you be verified competent on?
- Order picking forklift
- Scissor lift
- Boom lift
- Telescopic handler (Manitou)
- Mobile crane
- Tower crane
- Skid steer
- Front end loader
- Heavy vehicles (HR, HC, MC)
Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
Work Health and Safety Act 2011 states:
- The clause applies for the purposes of Section 19 of the Act to a person conducting business or undertaking (or PCBU) (this could be the Trainer)
- The person must ensure that information, training and instruction provided to a worker is suitable and adequate with regards to
- The nature of the work carried out by the worker
- The nature of the risks associated with the work at the time the information, training or instruction is provided, and
- The control measures implemented.
Maximum penalty (a) in the case of an individual is $6,000 or (b) in the case of a body corporate $30,000
- The person must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the information, training and instruction provided under this clause is provided in a way that is readily understandable by any person to whom it is provided.
Contact us on 0477 453 497 or at email@example.com for a quote
15 – 30 minutes per participant
Successful completion of this course results in a digital and hard copy Verification of Competency Certificate and Wallet Card for the dedicated plant/machinery the applicant has been assessed on